"Restore missing DVD Drive icon."
DVD Drive Repair is a system utility to restore a missing DVD drive letter that would normally show up in various apps and My Computer. A virus or malware can maliciously cause a drive letter to be removed in order to make it inaccessible. Sometimes certain software simply cannot see a certain brand of DVD drive. This software was created to resolve this issue by making the DVD drive visible to all applications and My Computer again. The restore feature also includes the option to reset the autorun settings which may have become corrupted, protect against parasites that might try to infect the autorun process again, and restore the DVD drive icon. Create a system restore point before running the process. A link to update firmware software for the given drive is also provided.
DVD Drive Repair Key Features:
- Restore a DVD drive letter and icon that have disappeared or do not show in some applications
- Create a system restore point before running this process
- Restore autorun settings to have the DVD drive show-up upon each reboot
- Protect autorun from changes subsequently
- Links to firmware update site
- Requires Windows 8.1 or earlier. 64-bit and 32-bit supported
DVD Drive Repair is a DVD drive letter and drive icon fixer to recreate disc drives that have disappeared from Windows.
Requirements: Windows XP or higher, 5MB disk space
What's new in this version: - Name changed from CD-DVD Icon repair to DVD Drive Repair - New interface design with new Icons - Updated links and about information - Fixed some minor bugs - Added a 64Bit version (Better support for 64Bit Windows) - Added support for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 - Updated Documentation
Updated22 Jun 2014
Downloads5,441 (10 last week)
Top user review