"Broadcast your desktop online."
XL Screen Streamer is a screen streaming package that can enable another user to view your desktop through their favorite web browser.
The user can try the built-in web server or go the FTP route instead. Secure streaming is possible via the use of password protection and SSL if the connection on both ends is fast enough to support it.
XL Screen Streamer permits either the sharing of a complete desktop or one selected area of it. Preview what the viewer will see before making the desktop live. A live chat one-on-one can be conducted using video and audio. Email invites can be prepared and send out via the application.
The software can run in the background broadcasting the desktop to an authorized audience via remote connection. Real-time capture is possible and a timed capture mode is also present to record and deliver at a later time. The communication can be conducted over the internet or shared within an organization over a local area network. Streaming is also possible to Android and iPhone devices. There is no limit on the number of viewers who can see the broadcast. A network transfer log can record the average transfer speed on the server.
There is also a router wizard that can help the user to reconfigure the internet router so that it will allow remote connections.
The installation goes as planned and no extra software was installed to the PC without the user's consent.
The interface has a nice tabbed interface with three tabs and some large toolbar buttons which are easy to see what each one will do. A few have down arrows below them and can be expanded out with further toolbar options.
Below this is a readout with the set internet and LAN urls.
There is a general broadcast traffic monitor to see what the traffic usage on the server is for the hosted streaming media. To the right, the user and the kilobytes transferred to them specifically is shown.
There is also an informational pane at the bottom of the interface.
The interface is nicely laid out with toolbar buttons which light up and a simple look.
- Broadcasting software to remotely share a desktop or part of a desktop
- Access the content inside any web browser on any platforms
- Access the content on iOS or Android
- Conduct one-on-one live chat with audio/video
- Preview what the shared desktop or part of the desktop looks like to the viewer before starting it
- Real-time capture mode or timed capture mode
- Transmits behind the scenes
- Send email invites
- Set a password to restrict access to the data stream
- Can work online or over a local area network
- See total bandwidth throughput or per user information
- Network log of past activity
- Router wizard to reconfigure internet router to allow remote connections
- 30 day trial
XL Screen Streamer is an effective solution to allow internet browser-accessible remote connections to a desktop or part of a desktop shared with others. A password can be setup to restrict access or the software can run only through a local area network.
Requirements: Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
Top user review