"WavePad Music Editing Software for Windows"
The Wavepad Audio Editor is designed to be used to edit new digital tracks and work with older tracks that have been digitized but still include audio artifacts that need to be pulled out like hisses, ticking, and more. The software can help to analyze a digital track to improve its audio quality. It has audio filters and will display the waveform as the track is played back. Audio can be clipped from voice-activated recordings to clean them up. The interface is also very usable which helps make the software more accessible. Video tutorials are also included to take new users through the software so they can get the best out of it.
The installation is like no other. After accepting the software license, the software installs without any further delay and gets you right into the software package inside of 5 seconds. There was not even a confirmation screen. You were just into the software without delay. No extra software was added to the installation in the process either. The software works with many versions of Windows including XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
The interface is pleasingly laid out. When on the Home area, the left sidebar is used to lay out most of the main options with video tutorials, files, tools and related items. Once working on a digital recording this changes to providing quick access to files, editing and effects options. A large toolbar at the top offers the main options like open file, save, undo, etc. At the bottom is the playback controls with timing information for the track playing. The waveform is shown as the track is played back where the track can be edited.
- Music and sound editing software package
- Good interface that is very clear
- Can automatically trim voice-activated recordings that contain many blank recording parts
- Remove audio pip sound and other sound distortions from the original recording
- Use sample rates from 6000 to 9600Hz
- Use Stereo or Mono at 8, 16, 24 or 32 bit rate quality
- Special audio effects included in the package
- Runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
- A long list of quality special effects would have been nice. But the ones included are still good.
Wavepad Audio Editor is a professional sound editor to work on pre-recorded audio that needs improving. Whether it is a clean up of an old audio recording or improving the audio quality of a voice-activated recording with many gaps, the software can handle it for you. The interface is also nicely put together.
Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and a sound card
What's new in this version: Major Update
Top user review