"Easy audio and MIDI recording studio!"
If you are passionate about music and love to spend time mixing and creating music, then Mixcraft is the software that you must resort to. Mixcraft is a powerful multi-track audio recording studio which has the ability to record audio, remix tracks, arrange loops, and even compose original music with its virtual instruments. This music production software is loaded with thousands of music loops, numerous audio effects, and virtual instruments. Its features ranging from adding effects to the tracks and video editing to MIDI recording and automatic re-mixing, make it a perfect software to be used for personal and professional purposes alike.
Process of installation involves basic steps and takes few minutes. In the first step, the wizard will ask you to enter your Email address if you want to be notified about software upgrades and useful tips. It is optional, so you can choose skip it. Later on, you need to select the location for setup to install, the location for default loop library folder, and the folder for shortcut icons. Following operating systems are required to run this software: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7 / 8.
Mixcraft has a very sophisticated and professional interface but is not as intuitive for amateur users as it is for professional musicians. Beginners need to understand the basic working of a music recording workstation, only then they will find it easier to use this software. Anyhow, the layout is very well-organized, with the track playing in the main panel and the timeline for different instruments in the left panel. Below these panels, four different tabs are shown to manage – Projects, Sound, Mixer, and Library. Help file is documented nicely and can be referred by amateur users.
- It is a reliable software for a person who aspires to be a musician as it gives the freedom to record and create original audio and MIDI tracks
- It offers over 3000 professionally created music loops and royalty-free sound effects ranging from Cool Jazz, Surf Rock, Vegas Rock to 70’s funk, Reggae, and folk rock
- You can choose from various types of Virtual instruments included in Mixcraft, some of these are: Acoustica Instruments like drums, synthesizers, organs, and guitars; Acoustica Expanded Instruments like ethereal voices, haunting strings; Acoustica Studio drums like electric drum sounds
- It includes nearly 22 high quality effects that let you alter the audio signal, including – Acoustica Chorus, Acoustica Compressor, Acoustica Distortion, Classic Autofilter, Classic Delay, EZQ Equalizer, Pultronic Tube EQ and much more
- You can also import your own loop files and loop CDs into the default loop library created on your computer. This loop library also provides easy search tool to help you quickly find loops and sound effects
- Automation can also be done for tracks which allow you to add points at specific locations on a track’s automation lane. Types of automations provided are for– Volume, Pan, Send Tracks, and Synthesizer parameter
- Apart from music composition and mixing, Mixcraft also supports loading and saving of videos. It can perform actions including: add sound effects to a video; add musical track to a video; add titles, lyrics or credits to videos; and export a project to video for burning DVDs or for uploading to internet
- It is a bit tricky for a beginner or amateur musician to understand the working of this software, so prior knowledge and experience is required to easily navigate through it
Adobe Audition is a professional audio editor and recording studio that lets you create, record, mix, and edit audio files. GarageBand is another reliable option as a recording studio for OS X and Mac systems; you can learn to play an instrument, write your own music or even record a song with this software. MusicShake is a very easy-to-use music making software with which anyone can make their own high quality music for free and it also includes thousands of instruments and vocal samples.
Mixcraft has abundance of powerful tools and recording techniques that any musician would be pleased to have. Plus it offers numerous virtual instruments and effects to compose original tracks which are otherwise difficult for any musician to collect. We recommend using and analyzing this software during its 14-day trial period, after which you can decide to buy it if it fulfills your requirements.
Requirements: 1 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, soundcard or sound device
What's new in this version: Performance panel, warping, track automation, tons of enhancements
Top user review