Updated8 Jul 2013
Downloads3,003 (1 last week)
"Translating subtitles in MicroDVD format."
As the name of the software suggests, this is a utility program that will assist you in translating a movie subtitle from one language to another. Subtitles Translator works primarily with one type of subtitles, the MicroDVD format (.sub files).
Here’s what this app has to offer:
- This is not an automated translation tool; those subtitles are always awful to read
- It gives you easy formatting options and you can see the frame numbers to sync the subs to the movie frames
- You don’t have to install the software, you might as well run it from a portable device
- The workplace provides 2 panels, one where you will enter your subtitle while the other contains the original subtitle
- You can translate one line at a time, making sure that you the subtitles will always match the audio
- Standard text operations like search, cut, copy, paste, find
- Autosave your work just to make sure you don’t lose hours of work because the power went out
- A movie window where you can see your work in real time
- Split or join multiple subtitle files (in case the movie is split into multiple parts)
- Make your text bold, italic, colored, underlined
- Create your own keyboard shortcuts to speed up the work
- Multilanguage support
- Lets you know when a line is too long and needs to be edited into two or more lines
- Too many lines warning
Download Subtitles Translator if you plan to translate .sub files from one language to another.
Top user review