Updated11 Oct 2020
Downloads1,012 (5 last week)
"Convert media formats to DVD."
When working with video and wanting to turn various video formats into ones suitable to burn to a DVD then the AVS to DVD package may be just the thing. Many different video formats can be changed to be suitable for a DVD setup. These include ImgBurn, HCEnc, VobSub and MuxMan. Filters are provided to perform some addition audio and video editing using AviSynth filters before committing anything to a DVD disc.
Encoding videos for proper playback. Audio encoding can use Ffmpeg, Wavi or Aften to accomplish the task. Multiple audio tracks for different languages or commentary tracks can be supports. Multiple language subtitle tracks can also be included on a DVD using VobSub or SubtitlesCreator for the encoding. Motion menus may be developed within the software using its DVD Menu Editor to come up with something special.
The installation is actually an archive that can be de-compressed, then the main executable can simply be loaded up. This way the app is portable rather than stuff on a desktop PC all the time.
When the program first loads up pops a window with what is labeled as a tutorial but looks much more like checking over the settings for what type of video standard to use, which encoding is best, and elsewhere language preferences chosen for several different types of procedures.
The main interface has a long list of menus and some toolbar buttons below that help access files to eventually burn to a DVD. The interface is a little old fashioned in places but it does get the job done just fine.
- Convert various videos to DVD format for burning to a disk
- Supports DVD and DVD-9 formats for larger capacities
- Use video encoding and audio encoding correctly
- Add multiple audio tracks
- Multiple subtitle tracks can be added
- Use a subtitles creator like SubtitlesCreator/VobSub to build the subtitles to include
- Build out an ISO image for burning to disc
- Create DVD menus using the DVD Menu Editor
- Batch encoding is also possible to save time
- Slightly old fashioned interface design.
AVS to DVD is a useful tool for converting audio and video content into a usable format for burning on a DVD. Create DVD menus to make navigation a sync and make your DVDs to share with friends and family.
Top user review