"Save Earth from the greatest chicken threat!"
Chicken Invaders offers the next three addictive arcade shooters: Revenge of the Yolk, Revenge of the Yolk Christmas Edition and Easter Edition. InterAction Studios obviously took into account users’ feedback and added more fun and diversity to its next edition of the famous Chicken Invaders shooter. As before, the lone space ranger saves Earth from the massive chicken invasion that threatens to roast our planet. The game sticks to the humorous Star Wars mocking style, adding color and sound effects to the already hilarious dialogues and battles.
As compared to the previous edition, the visuals, bonuses, weapons and food points are more colorful and rewarding. The main hero is hungry as usual and looking to eat a huge chicken burger, but invading chickens keep getting in his way. He has no choice other than engaging in a smoky battle for the future of mankind. He accumulates medals, powerful weapons and golden coins from treasure chests as he fries some chicken, asteroids and enemy spacecrafts.
Just like with other Chicken packs, Revenge of the Yolk comes clean from unwanted freeware and toolbars. The installation process is classic - select folder, create shortcuts and launch the game. Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7/8,Â 500MHz CPU, 256MB RAM, DirectX 8.0, 3D graphics card.
The interface of the Settings module is simple and kid-friendly: users can choose the difficulty level, rookie or veteran. You can choose to save the game and continue where you left off. The game comes in several language packs: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish. We strongly recommend you choose your language because the introductory plot is full of funny comments you will not want to miss. At least, when you play for the first time.
Revenge of the Yolk comes with more fun features than its predecessor:
- Up to 4-player play.
- 12 star systems .
- 120 waves of invading chickens .
- 6 awesome weaponsÂ and a secret one.
- The weapons here are a lot more powerful than in the previous edition of the game.
- You can upgrade weapons through 11 power levels.
- 30 bonuses come in a great variety.
- The fun part is the treasure chests that break into golden coins as you shoot them.
- 13 medals to honor your military success.
- 7 unlockable secret features.
- Internet high score tables.
- Multiplayer game.
- Original orchestral soundtrack.
- Keyboard / Mouse / Joystick / Gamepad control.
Visuals are entertaining.
- The enemy comes in a greater variety than in the past The Next Wave edition.
- There are more enemy spaceships, different kinds of chickens, and the Big Egg.
- More powerful weapons.
- The fighter spacecraft looks a tad bigger and has a blast off trail behind it.
- Hilarious sounds as you shoot the chickens and eat the fried chicken legs and hamburgers.
- Bonuses are fun to collect, and look a lot more colorful and diverse than in the Next Wave edition.
- More lives in a level.
AlternativesChicken Invaders offer 4 editions of the game - the Next Wave, Revenge of the Yolk and Ultimate Omelette. The latter two offer Christmas and Easter editions, so there is plenty of fun and diverse arcade shooters from the same developer. See the whole list here.
Overall, Chicken Invaders Revenge of the Yolk is a fun, addictive gameplay for the entire family - parents will enjoy it as much as the kids will. Visuals, sounds, plot, sense of humor are at par with other arcade shooters in the same niche. Despite the game being an arcade shooter, it does not have the overwhelming bloody violent part in it. On the contrary, it is a fun space adventure that develops quick reaction and basics of spatial reasoning.
Requirements: Pentium II 500MHz, DirectX 8.0
What's new in this version: Added widescreen support, Polish language
Top user review