Published by Maxtor on 26 Mar 2010
Updated26 Mar 2010
Downloads8,015 (1 last week)
"MaxBlast 3 is a one-step, ATA/IDE hard d..."MaxBlast 3 is a one-step, ATA/IDE hard drive installation utility. MaxBlast 3 makes hard drive installations and upgrades hassle-free for novices and professionals alike by automatically identifying, partitioning, and formatting any Maxtor ATA hard drive, making it data-ready in minutes. MaxBlast 3 replaces all previous versions of MaxBlast and MaxBlast Plus.* Creates a bootable MaxBlast 3 installation diskette.
* Compatible with Windows 95, 95B, 98, Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.
* Breaks the 528 MB, 2.1 GB, 4.2 GB, 8.4 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 137 GB capacity barriers.
* Support both FAT32 and NTFS drive partitions.
* Easy to use, Graphical Interface (GUI) with mouse and printer support.
* Supports up to four ATA devices in the same system*.
* The copy feature lets you make an exact duplicate of your existing hard drive.
* Fast ATA and Serial ATA compatible.
* The installation tutorial option allows you to view the installation process before physically installing your Maxtor ATA hard drive.Note: There must be at least one Maxtor ATA Disk Drive installed in the system for MaxBlast 3 to run.
Before installing version 3.6 of Maxtor MaxBlast 3 for Windows make sure this is the latest version available and that it works with your current operating system and device model. If the driver contains release notes ("readme" files) proceed with reading them first. Second recommended step is creating a restore point to help you later on in case you install the wrong device driver. Note that some drivers will work instantly after installing them, but others will require a system restart in order to function properly.
As an alternative, you can simplify the process of installing the latest versions for your drivers by using a program to scan all your drivers and compare them with the latest available versions from the manufacturers. We recommend Driver Scanner from Uniblue for such a task. Download it and run a free driver scan here.
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested Maxtor MaxBlast 3 on 24 Sep 2012 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: