Published by HP on 26 Mar 2010
Updated26 Mar 2010
Downloads81 (1 last week)
"Caution: The printer's cable (USB or Par..."Caution: The printer's cable (USB or Parallel) must be unplugged before proceeding!
1. Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj5551 before downloading the printer driver.
2. Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj5551 folder.
3. Open the c:\dj5551 folder and double-click on the downloaded "exe" file. Once the files are loaded and driver installation screen appears, proceed to step 6. If this screen does not appear, continue with the next step to manually open the screen.
4. Double-click on the c:\dj5551\Win2k_xp folder to open the folder.
5. Double-click on the "setup.exe" file to start the installation program.
6. Follow the instructions on the installer screens to complete the installation.
Before installing version 7.1.0 of HP Deskjet 5551 Driver for Windows make sure this is the latest version available and that it works with your current operating system and device model. If the driver contains release notes ("readme" files) proceed with reading them first. Second recommended step is creating a restore point to help you later on in case you install the wrong device driver. Note that some drivers will work instantly after installing them, but others will require a system restart in order to function properly.
As an alternative, you can simplify the process of installing the latest versions for your drivers by using a program to scan all your drivers and compare them with the latest available versions from the manufacturers. We recommend Driver Scanner from Uniblue for such a task. Download it and run a free driver scan here.
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested HP Deskjet 5551 Driver on 25 May 2012 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: