Published by HP on 26 Mar 2010
Updated26 Mar 2010
Downloads1,432 (4 last week)
"This driver supports the HP Deskjet 9800..."This driver supports the HP Deskjet 9800, 9800d printer on Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP 32bit and Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
Please note that this driver includes:
# Printer driver installer
# PCL3 driver
# Printer toolbox
# User's guide
1. Download the file to a newly created sub-directory on your local hard drive.
2. Double click the downloaded "exe" file. This will extract all the necessary component and initiate an automatic launch of the setup program.
3. Follow the step-by-step instructions on your screen.
1. Issue - Slow printing: While printing documents which contain only black text, the print speed for Fast Normal, Normal and Best mode appear slower than usual.
# 2. Issue - Borderless printing: borders are printed even though the borderless printing feature is enabled in the driver. This is seen in the following situations: Source image has different margins and aspect ratio to the paper size.
# Borderless printing in Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Editor
3. Issue - Red patches in print outputs: Documents printed in Fast Draft mode using Photo media have red patches in areas where there is gray or skin tone colors.
4. Issue - Color shift: Depending on the source image or document, some printed colors may appear slightly off. For example, red color may appear off red or pinkish.
Before installing version 1.1 of HP 9800 Series Deskjet Driver for Windows make sure this is the latest version available and that it works with your current operating system and device model. If the driver contains release notes ("readme" files) proceed with reading them first. Second recommended step is creating a restore point to help you later on in case you install the wrong device driver. Note that some drivers will work instantly after installing them, but others will require a system restart in order to function properly.
As an alternative, you can simplify the process of installing the latest versions for your drivers by using a program to scan all your drivers and compare them with the latest available versions from the manufacturers. We recommend Driver Scanner from Uniblue for such a task. Download it and run a free driver scan here.
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested HP 9800 Series Deskjet Driver on 27 Mar 2012 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: