Published by HP on 26 Mar 2010
Updated26 Mar 2010
Downloads6,615 (4 last week)
"nstallation Instructions: The printer..."nstallation Instructions:
The printer's cable (USB or Parallel) must be unplugged before proceeding.
1. Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj840 before downloading the printer driver.
2. Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj840 folder.
3. Open the c:\dj840 folder and double-click the downloaded "exe" file.
4. Dialog boxes indicating "Loading Files" and "Please Wait" will appear indicating files are being copied. Wait until the files are finished copying.
5. Click "Install Printer Software" Note: If this screen is not present, check the taskbar for a minimized screen named "840c". Click on this item to activate this screen.
6. Follow the instructions on the installer screen.
Note: You may see a screen indicating the printer cannot be found. Click on the "Try to Locate Again" button to continue.
After the printer has finished installing there will be a screen requiring you to click "Done"
Note: There may be one or more printer drivers installed. To verify the correct printer has been selected, do the following:
1. Click on the Start Menu
2. Click "Printers and Faxes"
3. Verify that the "hp deskjet 840c series" is present.
Note: There may be more than one printer with "840c" in the name. The one WITH "series" in the name is the printer driver from HP. The one WITHOUT "series" in the name is the Built-In driver included in the Windows XP operating system.
4. Make sure the HP printer with driver with "series" in the name has a Check Mark next to it, indicating it is the default printer.
5. To make a printer the default printer, right click on the printer name and select "Set as Default Printer"
Before installing version 4.3 of HP 840c / 841c / 842c / 843c / 843cxe / 845c / 845cvr Deskjet Driver for Windows make sure this is the latest version available and that it works with your current operating system and device model. If the driver contains release notes ("readme" files) proceed with reading them first. Second recommended step is creating a restore point to help you later on in case you install the wrong device driver. Note that some drivers will work instantly after installing them, but others will require a system restart in order to function properly.
As an alternative, you can simplify the process of installing the latest versions for your drivers by using a program to scan all your drivers and compare them with the latest available versions from the manufacturers. We recommend Driver Scanner from Uniblue for such a task. Download it and run a free driver scan here.
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested HP 840c / 841c / 842c / 843c / 843cxe / 845c / 845cvr Deskjet Driver on 13 Mar 2012 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: