Published by Conexant on 26 Mar 2010
Updated26 Mar 2010
Downloads925 (2 last week)
"Upgrade your Conexant HCF USB Generic Mo..."Upgrade your Conexant HCF USB Generic Modem. Please understand that the modem drivers you will be installing are intended for basic modem operations and are generally not supported.
Installing USB HCF Generic Modem on WinXP
*NOTE: PC with 500 MHz or higher processor clock speed and 128 MB of RAM
or higher is recommended.
A. Extract generic modem driver:
1. After downloaded the USB HCF generic driver for Win XP, extract the
driver from the HCFu_WinXP.zip file.
B. Upgrading your current modem driver:
1. Double click on the HXFsetup.exe file inside "c:\USB HCF Modem". If you
see a pop-up window indicates that the software has not passed Windows
Logo testing, just select Continue Anyway.
2. Then if the "Add new hardware wizard" asks for the location of the driver,
follow the steps below.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click
4. Then select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." and
5. Click on Have Disk.
6. Type "C:\USB HCF Modem" and Click OK.
7. Make sure the device name is called "Generic HCF USB Modem"
and click Next.
8. You will get another pop-up message indicates the software has not
passed Windows Logo testing again, and you should select Continue
9. Click Finish when the installation is completed.
Before installing version of Conexant HCF USB Generic Modem Drivers for Windows make sure this is the latest version available and that it works with your current operating system and device model. If the driver contains release notes ("readme" files) proceed with reading them first. Second recommended step is creating a restore point to help you later on in case you install the wrong device driver. Note that some drivers will work instantly after installing them, but others will require a system restart in order to function properly.
As an alternative, you can simplify the process of installing the latest versions for your drivers by using a program to scan all your drivers and compare them with the latest available versions from the manufacturers. We recommend Driver Scanner from Uniblue for such a task. Download it and run a free driver scan here.
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested Conexant HCF USB Generic Modem Drivers on 2 Apr 2012 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: