"Design and strength check of bolt connection"The calculation is designed for a geometrical design and strength check of a prestressed bolt connection, loaded by static or cyclic loading resp., acting both in the axis of the bolt and in the plane of the connected parts. Application is developed in MS Excel, is multi-language, supports Imperial and Metric units and solves the following main tasks:
- Automatic design of a connection bolt of standard design.
- Calculation and check of connections fitted with special shanks.
- Design and calculation of necessary mounting prestressing of the connection and fastening torque.
- Calculation of force conditions of a loaded connection.
- Static and dynamic strength check.
- Calculation of joint parameters for a specific working temperature.
- The application includes a table of commonly used materials of bolts according to ISO, SAE and ASTM, and a
selection of materials of the connected parts according to AISI / SAE, DIN, BS, AF and others.
- Support of 2D CAD systems (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, IntelliCAD, Ashlar Graphite, TurboCAD, BricsCAD, ZWCAD, ProgeCAD)
The calculations use data, procedures, algorithms and data from specialized literature and standards ANSI, ISO, DIN.
Used standards: ANSI B1.1, ANSI 273, ANSI B18.2.1, ANSI B18.2.2, ANSI B18.3, ANSI B18.6.2, ANSI B18.6.3, ANSI B18.22.1, ASTM A193, ASTM A307, ASTM A320, ASTM A325, ASTM A354, ASTM A449, ASTM A453, ASTM A490, ASTM A574, ASTM F568M, ASTM F593, ASTM F2281, SAE J429f, ISO 273, ISO 1207, ISO 4016, ISO 4032, ISO 4035, ISO 4762, ISO 8738, ISO 8839, EN ISO 898, EN ISO 3506, EN 10269, EN 28839, VDI 2230.
This module is a part of MITCalc - Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives,
springs, beam, shaft, bolt connection, shaft connection, tolerances and many others.
Requirements: Microsoft Excel (2000, XP,2007, 2010...)
What's new in this version: 190 new bolt materials, expanded database of the materials of the jointed parts, more modern methods are used in the calculation of rigidity, higher precision calculation, modified and refined calculation of joint parameters for a specific working temperature.
Top user review