"Personal Accounting Software"
AceMoney is a personal finance manager with a plethora of features for home and small business accounts. Many users claim to have migrated from Quicken and Microsoft Money to AceMoney. We aspire to be objective and unbiased. The following review was performed with Windows 7 OS 64-bit, using the free trial version and a sample file. Given the short period of our evaluation, we can recommend this personal finance manager as a feature-rich, intuitive, comprehensive application that withstands a certain extent of tweaking.
AceMoney requires 8Mb RAM and runs on any Windows OS. The installation is rather simple and transparent. The user can configure the language, currency, date format, number of decimal digits, decimal point and a thousands separator.
GUI in AceMoney is clean and user-friendly. A user does not need to be an accountant to sort out the app. The layout is neat; adding a new account is rather simple. We strongly recommend users have a go with the sample account in the trial version before creating personal accounts of value. It is possible to rename the sample file and experiment with it, adding budget categories, deleting accounts, etc. If you choose to edit any of those, a restart may be required. This is one of the time-consuming details, but rush is unnecessary when it comes to managing finances. All the features are obvious and self-descriptive: pay bills, edit a bill or deposit, keep track of something in a calendar, view investment portfolio and last transactions and more.
- The possibility to manage multiple account of different types: checking, savings, loans, debt, credit cards.
- The possibility to create and manage budgets with predefined spending categories.
- The possibility to setup budget limits and track discrepancies between the set and actual budgets.
- The possibility to track investments’ performance: 401k, Employee Stock Purchase and more.
- Multiple currencies, multiple date and time formats, more than 25 languages.
- The possibility to track spending and analyze expenses.
- Online banking in QIF and OFX formats.
- The possibility to import existing transactions from Quicken and Microsoft Money.
- Notifications of due payments.
- The possibility to set the security level of your choice: password for every file, scheduled backups.
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Possibility to configure AceMoney to automatically download transactions from your bank.
- A wide number of predefined categories.
- Multi-currency exchange rates calculation.
- Convenient reminders of due payments.
- MS Money and Quicken data import.
- Intuitive GUI.
- The possibility to select periods of time when downloading transactions.
- Extensive user manuals and a buzzing online community of users - always a good sign.
AlternativesViable alternatives and competitors are Intuit Quicken (commercialware), Microsoft Money (free), GnuCash (free), Mint.com (free), HomeBank (free).
AceMoney is a solid personal finance management software at par with well-known personal finance software. It offers a user-friendly environment, a plethora of powerful features, integration with a large number of banking systems. It supports importing of your transactions from Quicken and MS Money. The program performs smoothly and quietly. During our test, we did not experience any crash, freeze, or error pop ups. Overall, we recommend users give this smart financial tool a try with the 30-day trial version.
Requirements: 8Mb RAM, Any Windows OS
What's new in this version: New release
Top user review