"store passwords, notes, documents, web links"
In today’s world, the use of software data is increasing day-by-day, whether it is your office related documentation, website passwords, notes and reminders for your daily work, or creating college/school projects. However, storing this kind of information in different places of your PC and then remembering the location for each one of them can be tiring and time-taking. Instead of doing this, you can resort to Qnotes which is very helpful utility that is basically a personal database where you can store, organize and secure various types of notes and other confidential data. With this utility, you can secure your files by locking them with a password and you can even share the files with other Qnotes users.
Installation of Qnotes is quite simple and quick. Once you have agreed with the license terms and agreement, you need to enter details such as User Name, Organization (name), the user accounts to be activated for this app (all or current user) and then confirm the setup destination path, after which the application will be installed. It is compatible with all Window versions.
Graphical interface of Qnotes is very simple, user-friendly, and instinctive. The layout of its window is divided into three main sections- the left upper section shows the notes list; the lower left section shows various types of categories filter like- All records, Contacts, Financial, Links, notes, and passwords; and the entire right section of the window is for displaying/entering the content for each note.
- For beginners, an Example File is provided under Help menu option which guides them on how notes can be added
- The Category filter provided at the bottom of the window lets you narrow down and filter out the display results for your notes, for example, you can choose to view only contacts, passwords, or notes
- You can reuse the saved Qnotes files in another note as well which saves your time while creating a new note
- It lets you store your office or work related files like keeping project notes, logging employee performance, and storing passwords
- It is a great tool for personal use as well, for instance, you can document your notes, organize reminders for appointments, store links for favorite or most-visited websites, and store email addresses of your friends and colleagues
- With the Category Manager, you can even add a new category according to your needs and then assign it to any of your notes
- Text, subject headings, example note files, and category names are encrypted and can also be password protected
- You can search for your records with the help of keywords
- It also offers some very useful tools like Calculator and Calendar, so that you won’t have to open these applications separately while using this utility
- Its Help file cannot be viewed
- Importing a tab delimited file does not work as expected and nothing is loaded on the screen
- While adding new notes, the category filter do not work and no result is shown on selecting any of these categories, for example, on selecting ‘All records’ no result is shown
- The ‘Appearance’ settings for Note body do not work, as either the changes are not reflected or they vanish as soon as some text is entered in the body
- Some of the buttons do not work in Calculator tool, like Empty and Copy Selection
- After opening the tools (Calculator or Calendar), none of the icons shown in the title bar work
This is a unique application, so no alternatives are available for it.
Qnotes is a nice application with a very simple motive of storing your data that you cannot remember all at once and to let you store all your notes in a unified location. Even though its Help File does not work, still then using it is hassle free due to its accessible interface. This application is not loaded with advanced features but still then there is no harm in using it for saving your personal notes, that too for free.
Requirements: 90mhz Pentium, 128mb RAM, Internet Explorer 4+
Top user review