"Stock technical analysis."
TraderStar is a stock analyzing package that is capable of pulling in information on stocks from 40 US and international stock exchanges via data supplied through Yahoo.
Companies can be viewed in respect of their inclusion in a popular index like the Dow Jones Industrial Average or the NASDAQ.
Searches can be performed based on certain criteria in order to whittle down the list to a small number of interesting possible trades.
Different trading strategies can be tested out using the program before any real money is put at risk.
Data can be imported from MetaTrader.
The software completed the installation without any issues.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or toolbars included with the setup package.
TraderStar requires Windows OS.
The interface has many moving parts and as such is not for the feign of heart. It uses mostly black and muted greys with light colors for fonts to ensure that they stand out.
There is a small top-left toolbar with the main options. These include System menu, Login, Settings, Full Screen, Widgets, Help, Share, and a control to turn on/off the ticket tape for current price of stocks in the portfolio list. The Widgets section includes a news option which can pop up latest stock news.
There is a Work area which has its own navigation tabs for Browser, Indicators and Candle Guru. Each tab then displays its own row of toolbar buttons with individual features relating to the section.
Within the browser on the tab is a list of companies to monitor. These can be clicked on to bring up a large chart of prices movements over time. Each stock can have its own arrow as a drop-down menu with more options relating to that company. Above the chart viewer on the right side are many buttons to refine what is being viewed.
The interface is clearly advanced and will take a while to fully understand what everything does.
- Extract and review stock data from 40 stock exchanges around the world
- Filter companies by certain criteria
- View detailed statistics on each company such as their price to earnings, price to book, dividend yield, and more
- Use trading indicators like the Chaikin Oscillator, Accumulation/Distribution, Advance/Decline, ADX, and DMI
- View companies included with indices
- Import of the data from MetaTrader
- Good introduction slideshow displayed when first running the software explaining the interface
- Complicated interface and numerous features make this a software package for experienced traders or serious investors who are willing to invest the time to learn how to use the software fully.
MetaTrader is a popular alternative to manage FOREX and futures trades successfully.
TraderStar is an excellent stock market trading package to plan trades, review companies and make investment decisions.
Top user review