"Creates short summaries of documents/webpages"
Intellexer Summarizer Pro is a solid piece of software designed to cut the time and cost of your research. It does so by analyzing large amounts of input data and summarizing it in short, concise, informative summaries, concept trees with keywords and entities named.
When you research companies in your region, how much time does it take to manually extract all that relevant information? When you want the employee list, their emails and age, position and relations to each other, how much time does it take for a human to process all that data from a company’s website? Intellexer Summarizer Pro does that in a matter of seconds. All you need to do is input the url of the company’s website, and Summarizer gives you the summary of this page with all named entities sorted. It will probably take you 5 minutes to process an entire list of url’s to have a clear idea of the key factors, main identities and locations.
The obvious benefits of Summarizer Pro for professional researchers and academics justify the cost. Besides, Intellexer Summarizer Pro implements algorithms to match the human semantic analysis in its summaries, so the output quality of summaries is very high.
Installation requires Pentium IV 2400 MHz or better, 2048 RAM. The installation wizard guides you through typical installation steps. There is no bundled software in the pack. The trial version is fully functional. The user can choose between complete and custom installation. The latter offers a selection of add-ons, the MS Word, Outlook and browser integration, among other nifty ones.
The graphical user interface is modern and intuitive. Summarizer resembles a blend of text editor and a web browser. The documents and web pages summaries are arranged in tabs so you can have multiple summaries open. The main menu is self-descriptive. The features and options are easily recognized. The Summarizer offers a wide selection of customization options. Firstly, you can tweak the skins and summary background color. Secondly, you can customize the output summaries in length; choose the view between horizontal, vertical, cascade; you can have windows of summaries separate. One more outstanding thing about GUI is the Concept Tree panel where you see the most relevant keywords of the current summary. The Named Entities pane displays the persons named, organizations, locations, age, date, nationality. Overall, it is a delight to work with such streamlined and attractive interface.
- Summarizer extracts names of people, their positions, locations and defines relations between them.
- You can rearrange the summary and focus on particular keywords.
- Complete integration with MS Word, MS Outlook, Windows Shell, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer.
- Creates perfectly precise summaries of texts and we pages.
- Depending on your requirements, Summarizer generates theme- and structure-oriented summaries.
- When checked, Automatic recognition decides what summary type is appropriate.
- View summaries of your documents and web pages right in the application.
- Convenient tabs view for summaries.
- Saved summaries can be filtered by concept, date or type.
- Concept tree feature displaying keywords is extremely helpful and relevant to any research.
- The level of analysis and summarizing is very high.
- The quality of output summaries resembles that of a human reading and is based on semantic analysis.
- Summarizer supports the English language recognition only.
- IFilter is required to work with PDF files, which is not a Con per se, rather an additional requirement. Adobe Acrobat 7.0.5 has that filter. If you have an older version, just download IFilter from Adobe website.
- The program only recognizes ISO-8859-1 (Latin 1) and UTF-8 encodings, so you will have to save your files in those respective encodings to be able to summarize them.
Copernic Summarizer is a known competitor. You can read the full review to get a better idea of its performance.
Clearly, Intellexer Summarizer Pro is a viable choice for scientists, professional writers, academics and businesses that process large amounts of data. This may not be the cheapest product of its kind, but it is definitely a very capable and solid research toolkit that saves a lot of time extracting relevant information from loads of digital data. The trial version is fully functional and gives a clear idea of this programs capabilities. We recommend this application as a powerful and smart data analyzer.
Requirements: Pentium IV 2400 MHz or better, 2048 RAM
Top user review