"Award-winning flexible tape calculator"
Judy’ TenKey is a versatile and a powerful calculator that exhibits abundant features to make you forget about the default Windows Calculator. To start with, this multi-faceted desktop calculator can be used in three different syntaxes which are –standard Calculator (Infix Notation), TenKey (Adding Machine), and Scientific (RPN) calculator. The calculations it records in the scrolling list can be saved, annotated, resized, or even printed, plus it even lets you to reuse recent entries in new calculations. Its integration with other Windows applications is another add-on wherein you can cut-paste the scrolling list entries to/from applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, Quicken, Adobe Acrobat, and more.
Installing Judy’s TenKey is extremely quick and easy, as all you need to confirm is the setup destination path and no other information is required. After the installation completes, you will be prompted to select the preferred syntax (out of Standard Calculator, Adding Machine, or Scientific) for the calculator. It can be used on systems that run on these operating systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
Interface of the application is pretty clean, accessible, and intuitive. The size of the window is resizable which can be very helpful during long calculations. In fact, many parts of the calculator are highly customizable as you can move the placement of number pads and the entry line to one side of the window (to make more space for the tape), make the number pad invisible, or even choose not to display the scrolling tape at all. The toolbar shows self-explanatory icons for the operations like reuse lines, copy entire calculations, show more digits, enable/disable sounds, and configure settings. The Help file is very useful and the step-by-step tutorial demo guides you through its main functions.
- This single application lets you use three different types of calculators – Standard, Adding Machine, and Scientific; a capability that no other software calculator can offer
- Any other calculator won’t be able to remember what you had calculated recently but that is not how Judy’s Tenkey works, it has the ability to save any calculation that you have done in its scrolling tape as well as reuse the previous entries in new calculations
- You can even print, annotate, or copy (to clipboad or Adobe Acrobat) the calculations to keep a close track on them
- The layout of this application is highly customizable as you can hide or display various components to optimize the screen usage. For instance, you can choose to display the scrolling tape on one side of the screen to save extra vertical space of the window or choose to hide the number pad altogether or even choose to display only the entry line and scrolling tape
- A really smart feature of this versatile calculator is that if you have made any mistake in the entry which is quite complicated, then unlike other calculators where you would have to re-enter the entire calculation, in this software you simple need to double-click on the wrong entry for editing and it will automatically perform recalculation.
- Additionally, you can even do multi-level undo operations for wrong entries
- To save your effort, it even has the option to quickly copy and paste a number or the entire line from the scrolling tape to the entry line
- There are other interesting options to modify the number entries in the tape such as you can insert a blank line, add a note, make a break between entries, and edit the operator (or number)
- You can define the number of decimals to be shown in the entered numbers; moreover, you can configure it to automatically insert decimal points to the entry, for example, you can configure the decimals to 3 (for cents)
- It also lets you add sounds for different actions such as on the application’s startup you can choose to keep Magic or traditional sound. Similarly, you can apply sounds to keystrokes and other actions such as finding results
- Its step-by-step demo is one-of-a-kind user guide which literally walks you through useful tips and instructions
Trial version is limited to 30 days only.
CrossGL Surface Calculator is a desktop calculator with a resizable interface which can perform standard calculations and also includes a currency converter. AddUp is a free calculator capable of performing complex arithmetic expressions and its results can be saved to a text file.
This award-winning desktop calculator is definitely the best in its category as it offers features that no other windows calculator has to offer. Besides, you can use it in three different syntaxes and even configure the various components to be displayed in its interface. Even a newcomer will have no difficulty in carrying out complex calculations, thanks to its detailed help guide and step-by-step demo tutorial. We highly recommend Judy’s Tenkey calculator to all the users.
What's new in this version: Ability to define clipboard operations for use with standard keyboard shortcuts, multi-level undo now supports single line insertions, better alignment when pasting into Adobe Acrobat, Ctrl+Enter now correctly triggers Subtotal, plus assorted minor fixes.
Top user review