"Create sounds mathematically in Java."
Sound is a Java app to mathematically generate sounds for Java programs to use. Sounds can be defined based on the 16-bit linear code that relates directly to the waveform to be used. The U_Law Java class will then run the conversion over to (or from) an AU mu-law 8-bit encoding processed audio format. The resulting 8-bit audio format can then either be played independently inside the AudioPlayer.player.start application or as a Java applet using Applet.getAudioClip to do so. The source code is available so that coders can delve into the details, see how it was done and create their own alternative versions if they like.
Sound Key Features:
- Create sounds for Java programs mathematically
- Sounds are defined using 16-bit linear code for the waveform
- U_Law Java class converts this to a AU mu-law 8-bit encoded audio file
- Play in the AudioPlayer.player.start application or as a Java applet using Applet.getAudioClip
- Requires Java 1.7 or later
- Requires Windows
Sound is a sound generator for Java using mathematically generated waveforms and file conversion.
Requirements: Java 1.7+
What's new in this version: add pad and icon
OSJava, Linux, Mac OS, Unix, Windows
DeveloperCanadian Mind Products
Updated15 May 2017
Downloads1,766 (3 last week)
Top user review