"It helps shut down PC automatically."
Power saving of a computer is an important aspect for maintaining its good health but manually doing so, takes time as well effort. Nowadays, there are many programs available that can perform automatic tasks for computer’s power saving and one such reliable program is, Wise Auto Shutdown. This is a compact utility with which you can schedule automatic tasks on your computer like Shut down, Restart, Log off, Hibernate, Power Off or Sleep. Schedulers allow you to select different time sets to perform a specific automatic task; for instance, to shut down the computer, you can give a specific date and time or even choose to shut it down on daily basis at a particular time.
Process of installation is very simple and only requires your confirmation for the setup’s destination location. In the last step, you can select the option to launch the program right away and also choose to view the introduce and released log. On selecting the second option, you will be navigated to wisecleaner.com website from where you can view program’s Online Help and History Update. It is compatible with these Window versions: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8.
The interface of Wise Auto Shutdown is clean, sober and it could not have been more intuitive. Even a layman can navigate through it and setup the schedule easily in the very first time. There are two main panels in the program window to select a task and time from the scheduler. Four different options are provided to schedule the tasks, namely – Specified time, From now, Daily, and On Idle. At the top of window, the selected task and time is also shown. Its main menu is shown at the top right side of the window along with minimize and close buttons.
- This program helps reduce your manual effort plus save the computer’s battery power, by automating various tasks like Shut down, hibernate, sleep, power off, and more
- There are four different ways in which you can schedule the automated tasks which are, Specified time (define the exact Date and Time); From Now (exact time in hours and minutes); Daily (define the exact time); and On Idle (task performed when system is idle for time defined in this option)
- It runs silently in the background and sits in the system tray, thus it does not affect the performance of other applications at all. You can simply double-click on its icon shown in the system tray to view its main interface
- If you do not want to take chances of losing your unsaved data, it is always better to setup an alarm. This program will do that work for you, all you have to do is select the checkbox shown at the bottom of the window and it will show you a reminder 5 minutes prior to the task execution
- The task execution can also be delayed from the reminder popup window
- You need not look for latest updates manually as you can simply select ‘Check updates’ option in the main menu
- It also supports more than 40 different languages (other than English) including, Arabic, Bulgarian, French, German, Chinese, Czech, Korean, and Japanese
This program did what it was told to do without any complexity, so no negatives.
Simple Shutdown Timer is a good alternative but not as reliable as Wise Auto Shutdown, since it performs limited tasks and has only one option for time customization (Countdown in hours, minutes, and seconds). Ez Off is a powerful tool to perform tasks such as auto shut down, auto reboot, auto lock PC, auto suspend and is also capable of protecting a computer in Windows Safe Mode. Auto Shutdown Manager is another highly dependable tool which can be configured to save the battery power of a computer by shutting it down at a specified time.
Wise AutoShutdown is a simple utility with a very simple purpose of reducing your manual effort and increasing the computer’s power saving, by scheduling power shutdown tasks. It runs on low system resources and sits silently in the system tray, without affecting the system’s performance. It is very easy-to-use and is totally free-of-cost, so this program is highly recommended to all the users who want to pre-define turning off their computers.
Requirements: No Special Requirements
What's new in this version: 1, Fixed the issue of WAS icon unexpectedly disappeared in system notification area. 2, Fixed the issue of system hibernation during task execution. 3, Updated various translations. 4, Minor bug fixes.
Top user review