"A cmos/bios password recovery application"
If you have set a password you can’t remember that locks your BIOS settings, you’ll have a tough time recovering it without the right tools. You might even damage the CMOS which will render the motherboard useless. Luckily CmosPwd can help you recover or remove the password altogether, enabling you access to Setup.
Here are the key features:
- Each system may have a different configuration and while CmosPwd will not work on every PC, it does provide support for a large array of chips
- Works with most motherboards produced by IBM / Phoenix / Award / Acer / AMI / Compaq / Toshiba / Packard Bell
- Before you run the software, you need to know your BIOS and motherboard type first to check its compatibility with CmosPwd
- It’s not a program anyone can use; it requires the user to boot under DOS and run the utility from a floppy disk
- View the default, backdoor passwords available for different types of BIOSes
Install CmosPwd if you need to recover or reset the password required to enter the Setup utility.
Updated14 Jul 2012
Downloads27,549 (105 last week)
Top user review