"Quickly improve your pictures."
Are you a professional photographer who wants every frame of his photographic shots to be in perfection or an amateur one who simply likes to give a different touch to each of his photographs? Out of the many graphic editor softwares available in market nowadays, PhotoFiltre Studio is an extensive image editing and effects package which offers abundant of simple and advanced features that are good enough for professional users and at the same time are easy-to-use for beginners. Some of the features/tools that can alter and enhance your images are Adjustments like saturation, contrast, color balance, brightness; Filters like Soften, sharpen, artistic, stylize, aged effect; Layers like Duplicate, transparent, new background; and Tools like pipette tool, line tool, magic wand tool, spray tool, and many more.
PhotoFiltre Studio is a lightweight application; therefore, it gets installed quickly. It is recommended to close all the other applications before proceeding with its installation, so that relevant system files can be updated without having to reboot the system. Confirmation of two basic details is required for setup to complete, which are - setup installation path and the Start Menu Folder. In the final step, you can choose the option to launch PhotoFiltre right away. All the Window versions support this application.
Interface of PhotoFiltre Studio is quite clean and modern but it might seem less intuitive to novice users who are not accustomed to image editing tools. However, by exploring its features gradually this tool can be mastered in no time by professionals and novice users alike. All the features and tools can be accessed by expanding the main menu options (displayed at the top) such as File, Edit, Image, Layer, Adjust,Filter, and so on. By default, Filter bar is shown in the toolbar below menu options, Tool palette is shown in the rightmost panel, and Image Explorer tool is shown at the bottom. Any image can be selected from Image Explorer which is then displayed in the central main area of the window.
- There are numerous types of filters to apply on your photos, for instance, with ‘Color’ option you can add filters like sepia, grayscale, posterize, night effect, and sunset effect
- If you think that some of your photos are too dark or too bright for your taste, then you can use ‘Adjust’ feature to make adjustments in those photos like brightness, contrast, hue/saturation, gamma correction, white balance and much more
- Selection of particular area in your photos can be carried out in two different ways; with the first type, automatic set forms like eclipse, rectangle, rhombus, and rounded rectangle can be chosen. The second type is related to polygon, lasso modes, and the ones that can be loaded from its default shape library (like arrow, balloon, cat, and dog)
- Another interesting feature of this application is the tool palette that comprises of drawing tools like pipette tool, magic wand tool, spray tool, fill tool, line tool, erase tool, and artistic paintbrush tool, to name a few. The tolerance of the color selected from its color palette can also be adjusted
- You can create a panorama type of image by merging two images together that will be placed end-to-end
- Pictures taken in dark light with flash normally result in red-eye effect in a person’s photo ; with ‘Retouch tool’ shown in the Tools Palette, red-eye reduction can be performed which also lets you adjust the radius and pressure of the selection area
- It supports batch processing to automate various operations which reduces redundant work and saves time. The operations that can be carried out are – Image adjustments, presetting filters, transformations (rotations and flips), renaming files, and more
- Other amazing tools that can make your images more appealing are Blur tool, Smudge tool, and Clone Stamp tool (it creates a stamp of the cloned area in any image)
Absence of some more advanced features for professional photographers.
Adobe Photoshop CC is currently the most advanced image editor in the market and the ability of PhotoFiltre Studio is normally compared with this market leader. It comprises of a vast number of features and tools ranging from simple retouching and 3D designs to artistic filters and adjusting color levels. GIMP is another wonderful program meant for tasks like image authoring, image retouching and editing; furthermore, it enables you to create your own images and even lets you animate these creations.
Although PhotoFiltre Studio lacks some advanced features as found in Photoshop, but still then it can easily be called a comprehensive and a user-friendly application. You can apply numerous adjustments to your photos with this program which are more than enough for novice users and good enough for professional users. Use of this free program is definitely recommended to all the users.
Top user review