Updated26 Mar 2010
Downloads30,210 (139 last week)
"Codecs supported: This driver supports a..."
VIA Vinyl Audio driver is a software driver that supports the VIA southbridge chipset configuration. The VIA southbridge setup includes audio functionality within the chipset itself. This drives helps to ensure that sounds are properly communicated and will be played when they are needed by the system. The Vinyl Audio Codec driver ensures that the sounds can be played within Windows and DOS as well which covers situations when booting up the PC and a components is not installed correctly which should generate a tone to indicate a system problem.
VIA Vinyl Audio driver Key Features:
- Audio driver for DOS and Windows functionality of the chipset audio functioning
- Supports VIA AC97 codec incorporated into VT82C686A/B South Bridges ( VT82C686A VT82C686B )
- Supports VIA AC97 codecs incorporated into VT8233, VT8233A, VT8233C, VT8235 and VT8237/R South Bridges ( VT8237 VT8235 VT8233/A/C VT8235CE VT8233/VT8233A/VT8233B/VT8235/VT8237 VT1612A )
- Supports VIA Vinyl audio codecs: VT1612A, VT1613, VT1616/B, VT1617/A, VT1618 ( VT1616 VT1612A VT1617 VT1613 )
- Supports VIA AC97 codec incorporated into VT8231 South Bridge ( VT8231 )
- Supports VIA AC97 codec incorporated into VT8251 South Bridge ( VT8251 )
- Requires Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows XP 64-Bit, Windows Vista 64-Bit, Windows Vista 32-Bit, Windows 98, Windows 95, DOS, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 98SE, Windows XP or Windows 2000
VIA Vinyl Audio driver is a software driver to ensure that system sounds play on the VIA chipsets.
Before installing version 7.00b of VIA Vinyl Audio driver for Windows make sure this is the latest version available and that it works with your current operating system and device model. If the driver contains release notes ("readme" files) proceed with reading them first. Second recommended step is creating a restore point to help you later on in case you install the wrong device driver. Note that some drivers will work instantly after installing them, but others will require a system restart in order to function properly.
As an alternative, you can simplify the process of installing the latest versions for your drivers by using a program to scan all your drivers and compare them with the latest available versions from the manufacturers. We recommend Driver Scanner from Uniblue for such a task. Download it and run a free driver scan here.
Top user review