"Organize your life and business"
Wunderlist a cross-platform task manager compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices. 6Wunderkinder is a German developer with some serious ambitions, and Wunderlist comes feature-packed in a free version and offers even more features in a Pro version, which may seem somewhat on the expensive side to many.
With Wunderlist, you always stay tuned with your tasks, schedules, to-do lists, alarms and wishlists. Whatever you shoot to Wunderlist, it synchronizes your tasks and subtasks to the cloud and then to your other devices, as well as devices of people you share your tasks with.
The installation file comes clean from bundles, toolbars and adware, which we highly appreciate. A Net Framework 4 is required, but the installer takes care of that for you. Once the installation is finished, Wunderlist opens with a brief introduction and of course a nag to upgrade to Pro version.
Note: you must sign up for the service on the Wunderlist website first; you can log in with your Facebook or Google account, or create a Wunderlist account from scratch. Consider how you are planning to use the software before you sign up. In case you plan to assign tasks or share to-do lists with your Facebook or Google friends, it may be a good idea to sign in via one of these accounts. On the other hand, in terms of security, we would suggest you create a new account for Wunderlist only.
The Windows desktop program does not differ much from Android-based version. You get several backgrounds to choose from, but you cannot set different backgrounds for different lists, or upload your own picture to use as a background.
The Preferences section is available by clicking on your username at the top right corner. You can browse through different alert and notification settings, as well as optimize program’s performance.
- Compatibility: Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, Android, BlackBerry.
- Tasks and subtasks, with notes, possibility to upload files and set due dates, reminders and assignees.
- The possibility to prioritize tasks and filter them.
- Email reminders won’t let anything skip from your mind.
- You can send tasks to Wunderlist from your email.
- Add customized tasks and lists.
- Share tasks with your coworkers or friends.
- Simplicity and functionality.
- Wunderlist sports an attractive and very simple GUI any user can master. The possibility to choose from a number of free backgrounds adds up a bit of a fresh look whenever you change them. Overall, the program looks modern, simple, streamlined and very attractive.
- The features include: creating and sharing lists, tasks, creating sub-tasks, add notes and files to tasks, prioritize tasks, set due date and reminders, as well as send tasks from email to Wunderlist.
- The synchronization feature helps you stay tuned on all your devices.
- No option to use images from your files to set as background.
- Pro version is costly.
- Synchronization does not stand up to SkyDrive or Dropbox in frequency, but it seems quite fine, unless you want to check it every other minute.
Springpad extension for Chrome and Mozilla, Evernote, MS OneNote have synchronization options and support various platforms, too.
Wunderlist is a neat task manager, which looks absolutely gorgeous on any screen, be it smartphone, laptop or PC. It is very easy to manage, and it suggests absolutely no learning curve, so you can start creating lists, tasks and assign them to your friends, co-workers or family right away. It is intuitive, attractive and streamlined, and comes with a touch of German style in order and productivity. Consider that it is free and make the deal.
Top user review