"Find and replace utility that supports regexp"
Do you have a text that you want to search for in a folder and its sub-folders and then replace it with another text? Doing this by hand could take many hours, even days if you have a lot of files to process. The task would become almost impossible if you have to edit files bigger than 1GB, because most text editors can’t handle files that large. Fortunately, Find & Replace It! can do all the tasks mentioned above automatically.
Here are some of the important features you should know about:
- You can use it to locate files containing a string you entered and also has the ability to interpret wildcards (i.e.: you can search for “br*ad” and it will locate all the strings that start with “br” and end with “ad”)
- If you’re a software developer, you’ll be happy to know you can do advanced search and replace using regular expressions
- Able to handle large files (bigger than 10GB)
- It doesn't mess the line breaks, like other programs
- Handles well Unicode files
- You can perform basic functions on the text found like convert all the letters to lower or upper case, apply UTF-8 or HEX encoding, etc
- Runs multiple threads simultaneously to finish your job fast
- Support for multiple languages
Despite the name that you’d think it says it all, Find & Replace It! is a complex software that can be used by both advanced users capable of handling regular expressions and newcomers who just want to manipulate text in multiple files.
Requirements: PDF Reader for PDF 1.4
Top user review