Published by Jacek Pazera on 14 Mar 2013
"Free MP3 encoder and decoder (LAME 3.99.5)"Lame Front-End is a graphical interface for the popular and very fast MP3 encoder and decoder - LAME. It offers easy access to all LAME parameters without the need for command line usage.
The program offers a simple mode (for beginners), which was designed according to the LAME authors guidelines (http://lame.sourceforge.net/lame_ui_example.php), and an advanced mode which reveals additional expert options.
Lame Front-End can work in batch mode, so it can be used by external applications to encoding/decoding files, e.g. by Exact Audio Copy, CDex.
The application is designed for LAME 3.99.5 - the latest stable version available in March 2013.
The most important features of the Lame Front-End:
* Converting WAV, PCM, AIFF, RAW files to MP3 (encoding).
* Converting MP3, MP2, MP1 files to WAV (decoding).
* Transcoding MP3 files.
* Two modes: Simple for beginners, Expert for advanced users.
* Saving ID3v2 tags in the MP3 files.
* Integration with the Windows Explorer (optional). Program adds a command Open with Lame Front-End to the context menu for supported files.
* Saving and loading LAME parameters.
* Portability. The program can be installed on mobile devices.
* Supported languages: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
* 100% freeware - for private and commercial use. There are no limitations, adware, spyware etc.
What's new in this version: New version of the LAME encoder (3.99.5), support for new languages: Traditional Chinese, Hungarian and Spanish, small source code modifications.
Updated14 Mar 2013
Downloads413 (3 last week)
Top user review
There are no user reviews. Be the first to review this software.
Download3K has downloaded and tested Lame Front-End on 14 Mar 2013 with some of Today's best antivirus engines and you can find below, for your convenience, the scan results: