"Nitro Pro 9. Desktop, meet Cloud."
Winner Best software in 2014 - PDF.
As much as PDF files are useful for sharing and sending data for personal and professional reasons, they are equally tricky to be created and edited. Nonetheless, there are plenty of programs available nowadays for easy creation of PDF files, and one of the best options among these programs is, Nitro PDF Pro. It is a versatile and powerful program which apart from creating industry-standard PDF files is also capable to perform operations on them like, edit, view, combine, convert, sign, and share. It also comes with advanced security features to protect important and confidential documents from being misused. Moreover, with its OCR feature (Optical Character Recognition) you can even directly scan paper documents to create electronic PDF copies.
Installation of Nitro PDF Pro takes several minutes to complete, so you have to be a little patient. You only need to select the installer language and destination location for the setup, after which installation will begin. The installer will also ask you to sign up and create a Nitro Cloud account for creating, signing, and sharing PDF files in the cloud. This step is completely optional, so can choose to skip it. The program is compatible with these operating systems: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/7/8.
The Graphical User Interface of Nitro Pro is very clean, modern, and instinctual. The Ribbon-based layout of the program is very pleasant and even reminds you of Microsoft’s Office Suite. The distribution of all main Menu options, each having their own set of functions, has been done very smartly. The design of the icons is self-explanatory that makes it effortless for anyone to use them. Another beneficial aspect of its UI is the ‘Product Tour’ option that is shown everytime on opening the program to provide an overview for all the features of Nitro Pro.
- This program lets to open, view and edit PDF files from other applications (like Adobe Acrobat). You can rotate the opened PDF files, take snapshot of required area in the file (which is copied to clipboard), add text to them (text is customizable), and zoom in or out
- The Combine feature lets to convert and combine collection of different files into a single polished PDF file
- There are multiple ways with which you can create and add signatures to your PDF documents.These are: WebCam (to capture a handwritten signature), HandWritten (program creates the signature for the name written in this field), and From File (to browse saved photo of your signature in the system)
- Convert your PDF documents into various other formats including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Image, Rich Text, and Plain Text
- Edit section is rich with numerous tools which help you customize PDFs in exactly the way you desire. Some of these tools are: Header and footer can be added to all or selected pages, Watermarks can be applied, Images can be added, text of opened PDF can be edited, Bookmarks and Links can also be inserted
- Direct Integration of Nitro Cloud with Nitro Pro is another advantage for professional users; this integration not only lets you save and share PDF documents, but also manage their workflow on the cloud
- You can easily scan and convert your paper documents to digital PDF form or use OCR technology to convert paper and image based files into editable electronic PDF files
- Add and manage different types of annotations such as – Notes, Markup Text, Drawing, Text, Stamp, and shapes
- Secure your PDF files by applying Password protection, Certificate security, Digital IDs, Signatures, and much more
None found here.
A very obvious and well-known alternative for Nitro PDF Pro is Adobe Acrobat. This program from Adobe Systems has been an all time favorite for almost every PDF user and is capable of functions like view, edit, annotate, create, and management of PDF files. PrimoPDF is another handy and lightweight program which can convert almost any type of printable document into a PDF document.
Although Adobe Acrobat has been there since a long time for PDF file creation but Nitro Pro offers some amazing features which even the former program deprives. The Ribbon layout of Nitro Pro is designed almost perfectly to provide a hassle-free PDF creation experience to its users. Plus there are numerous features to choose from and a well documented Help file to throw light on those features. In few simple words, this program is a must have for all the PDF users.
Winner Best software in 2014 - PDF.
Requirements: 1GHz, RAM: 512 MB, 1024x768 screen resolution, Installer: 28MB, Footprint: 106MB, MS Office 2003
What's new in this version: Nitro Cloud Integration Office 2013 Update Outlook Plugin Measurement Tool Compare PDF documents: Visually & by Content Visual File Combination Topaz Integration Line vs. Paragraph Text Editing Spellcheck Floating Tool Bar Multiple Instances Multi-Thread Rendering Batch Printing
Top user review