"PC reliability and stability testing."
BurnInTest Professional is the more advanced testing suite (there is a standard edition as well). The software is used to test the current level of performance and reliability going forward of hardware components. These components include processor, CPU, hard drives, external optical drives and more. Temperatures of certain components can also be assessed for maximum safe levels and monitored therein against this level. The Professional version includes a great deal more testing of ports with loopback processes and other hardware like webcams, battery, tape drive, microphone, advanced RAM memory testing and more.
BurnInTest Professional Key Features:
- Hardware testing package to determine if any hardware has issues or is likely to develop them shortly
- System information shown in detail
- Checks core temperatures and assesses maximum allowable temperatures for components
- Verifies reliability and endurance over time via load tests
- Added support for RAW (un-partitioned) disk tests
- Test ports and webcams, battery, tape drive, microphone, advanced RAM memory testing and more
- Requires DirectX 9.0c or later
- Requires Windows. Tested on an early Technical preview version of Windows 10
BurnInTest Professional is a hardware testing software package to verify what hardware may have problems or be about to develop them.
Requirements: 256 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c or above software for 3D graphics, video and webcam tests.
Top user review