"Code programming model for Windows."
The new 3.5 version of Microsoft .NET Framework brings to the table access to new technologies that can be integrated in applications, along with the stability and features of .NET framework 2.0.
Here are the main additions:
- Gives developers access to the newest Windows technologies: Windows CardSpace; Windows Workflow Foundation (WF); Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF); Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Support for LINQ (Language Integrated Query)
- An update for ASP.NET Ajax, which now can handle browser history
- Generate code with data driven developing using ASP.NET (ASP.NET Dynamic Data)
- Major improvements to the common language runtime (CLR)
- Start WPF applications faster and better handling for Bitmap effects
- Using WPF you can now use a WebBrowser control that enables you to manipulate any actions within a web browser object (Internet Explorer)
- Use ClickOnce to quickly install & update applications
- Using the Entity Framework developers can now use application specific models instead of database driven models
Install .NET Framework 3.5 Pack 1 if you want to develop or run applications that will require it.
Updated19 Sep 2013
Downloads28,009 (185 last week)
Top user review