"Put a file into several folders (and tag it)"
Tabbles home | tagging + virtual folders is a system that is most applicable for businesses but could possibly also be of use to individuals who wish to organize their personal files with greater efficiency.
The system uses a drag and drop system where users can drag and drop files into the application. There is a Workspace area where users can create different virtual folders to organize documents and information files. A single file can be placed in more than one of the virtual folders which makes it easier to find the item later.
One of the most powerful aspects of Tabbles is that it supports tagging. This means that files can be tagged with different information. This is much more powerful when running searches for files where the file name has been forgotten, but it was tagged properly which makes tracking down the file more likely.
The installation went normally and completed without any issues.
There was no adware, toolbars, spyware or malware included with the setup package.
Tabbles home | tagging + virtual folders requires Windows 7, Vista, or XP (32 bit and 64 bit supported).
The interface of Tabbles works well without maximizing the screen because this way it is easier to drag and drop files directly into the application. Users with larger monitors and bigger screen resolutions will find this application easier to use.
- WorkSpace with virtual folders
- Place documents and files in more than one folder
- Access files across local, network and cloud drives seamlessly
- Add tags to Office documents, files, Outlook emails, and more
- Create tagging rules to automatically tag different types of files depending on what they are
- Create tag hierarchies for nested tagging
- Perform searches across multiple drives and systems (NTFS, EXT4, FAT32, etc.)
- Save hard drive space by not needing to keep copies of documents in more than one folder to stay organized
- Drag and drop not always convenient on smaller displays
- Each user has to learn Tabbles in order to use the system properly
SohoDox is a document retrieval system that works across modern Windows and Windows Server environments. It has a 14 day free trial to play around with the software.
Tabbles home | tagging + virtual folders is a neat system for adding files to multiple folders and giving them multiple tags to make searching them easier. Access files across local, network or cloud drives and organize in a single location for efficient business usage.
Requirements: 1.6 GHz CPU, 1GB of RAM, 20 MB free disk space
What's new in this version: Auto-tagging, explorer integration and more: http://www.tabbles.net/support/change-log.html
Top user review