DeveloperFree Pascal Team
Updated19 Apr 2017
Downloads8,493 (8 last week)
"Free Pascal is a 32 bit pascal compiler."
If you’re a programmer, you’re very likely to be familiar with this programming language. It’s so easy to learn that many schools still use it as their first choice to teach new students the basics of informatics.
Here’s the rundown:
- It can create executable files for any type of processor (16, 32 or 64-bit)
- Works flawlessly with all major processors: Intel, ARM, AMD, PowerPC, SPARC
- Multiple operating systems supported from Windows, Dos, Mac and Linux to Nintendo DS, MorphOS, Nintendo Wii and Motorola 68k
- The perfect competitor to the very popular C++; you get just as much flexibility and control over the system resources and coding is extremely easy, clean and organized
- This compiler does not require Makefiles like most of its similar counterparts, it will automatically detect the files that have to be recompiled
- Compiling the source into an executable file is fast, even if your project is rather large; no more time wasted while looking at loading bar that barely moves
- Access to an IDE (Integrated Development Enviroment) which will help you code faster
- If you’re an experienced developer, you can integrate your Pascal applications with assembler modules that speed up certain operations
- You can use Object Oriented Programming
- Functions that allow you to connect and manipulate databases (Mysql, PostgreSQL, ODBC, Interbase)
- Compile your files for different operating systems by changing the settings in IDE
- Integrates seamlessly with code developed in other Pascal compilers (such as the popular Turbo Pascal)
Download Free Pascal if you want to develop your own applications and you’re familiar (or want to learn) Pascal, the programming language.
Top user review