"It's a Smart Screen Capture Program."
Hornil StyleCapture is an intelligent software for capturing different types of screens such as Full screen, Window capture or a Rectangular area. It is very easy and convenient to take screenshots from this software which can be pasted to documents, emails or other files and later can be edited, saved, and sent as well. In order to perform further actions on the captured shots, it also enables you to associate external editors including StylePix Pro (an Image editing software from Hornil) and Microsoft Paint.
Process of installation involves very basic steps and is completed in a few minutes. After selecting your preferred installer language, you are required to select the software components to be added (Desktop shortcut, quick launch) and the setup destination path. The installer will ask you to try Hornil StylePix Pro for a 30-day trial period which is a good photo editing tool. If you did not have this tool till now, you can opt to download it, since you can integrate the captured images from StyleCapture with this tool. The following Window versions support StyleCapture: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
StyleCapture’s window size is minimal; it only displays six buttons for main functions and two checkboxes, so its layout is very simple to operate and is very instinctive. On hovering above each of the button, tooltips are shown for their function names. The six buttons are basically for different screen capture modes (Rectangular screen, Window Screen, and Full screen), to open save folder, and to update settings. Below these buttons Hornil’s trademark is shown on the right side and on clicking it, you will be directed to the website’s Product page.
- It allows you to capture screen in various modes including Rectangular, Active Window, and Full screen
- The rectangular capture can be done in two ways: first one lets you manually select and expand the rectangular area whereas in the second one, a rectangular frame will be drawn on the screen which can be expanded and even moved up-down or left-right with arrow keys
- You can set up the behavior of the software after screen capture is complete which is that you can either copy the shots to clipboard which can be pasted to other documents and even emails; or you can send them to associated programs like Microsoft Paint or StylePix Pro for further editing
- With ‘Zoom Assistance’ feature you can zoom the selected area which makes it easier to identify the target
- There are numerous formats in which the captured screen shots can be saved including png, jpeg, gif, bmp, ico, jpc, ppm, ras, pnm, and many more
- The software gives you the option to change the file name and its path as well. Moreover, you can enable the checkbox ‘Confirm Saving’, if you want the software to ask for your confirmation before saving a screenshot
- Once you have enabled association of StyleCapture with StylePix Pro, then the captured image will open in a new tab which can be edited by adding text, lines, frames, watermarks, and much more
- Apart from the given programs, the software also allows you to associate other image editing programs which might be saved on your computer
- This software supports multiple languages like French, Japanese, German, Arabic, and more
None found here.
Some of the alternatives for StyleCapture are Snagit, ScreenHunter Pro, Shotty, and Greenshot. Snagit is free for a 15-day trial period and is capable of capturing and customizing a screenshot with effects, plus it can also create videos by recording your screen. With ScreenHunter Pro screen capture software, you can edit or process captured images and perform actions on them like auto-scroll, auto-scale, scheduled and recurring capture, and auto-email. Shotty and GreenShot are also easy-to-use and powerful screen capture programs.
StyleCapture is yet another user-friendly and convenient program from Hornil, which offers easy ways to capture screenshots and integrate them with other programs for further editing. It runs on low system resources and does not affect computer’s performance. Moreover, it is free of cost, so this program is definitely worth trying.
Requirements: 512MHz or faster CPU, 512MB RAM, 20MB Hard disk, 1024 x 768 Display
What's new in this version: Check on the Hornil.com website.
Top user review