"all-in-one screen capture and screen recorder"
AutoScreenRecorder Pro is a powerful tool that enables you to record anything on your computer screen and even lets you do editing of the videos. This award winning software has the capability to record web chat sessions, on-going videos, video presentations or tutorials, or simply the activities that are taking place on your computer; in other words, it is helpful for personal and professional purposes alike. This software can record a single window, a specific area, an active window or even full screen. It also offers some other useful features like ScreenZoom, Sound Recorder, Video Editor, Mouse Pointer, Auto-Text and Watermark.
AutoScreenRecorder’s installation is very easy and takes only few seconds. All you need to do is choose the destination path for setup to install and the additional components like desktop shortcut or startup menu option; then you are ready to start using the software. It is supported by these operating systems: Windows 95 / 98/ Me/ NT/ 2000/ XP/ 2003/ Vista/ Server 2008/ 7.
The graphical interface of the software is quite easy-to-understand, decent and modern. The software’s main window consists of following sections: two big buttons at the top of the screen for functions like Record Now and Stand By; three tabs on the left side of screen to adjust the main settings for video recording which are: From (what and how you want to record), To (settings for the recorded video), Advanced (further customization of the software); and a taskbar listing down various features including : Video Editor, Open Video, Movie Maker, Screen Zoom, and Sound Recorder.
- It is useful for both layperson and a professional person alike, as the former can record any video playing on the computer which are otherwise difficult to download or can even record a video game being played; and the latter can benefit from it by recording video presentations, demos or tutorials
- Video Editor is a multifaceted feature which lets you edit the recorded videos by trimming, re-recording audio and re-generating the Flash movie. With its selection slider, you can extract video of the selected part, extract image from a frame or even sound of the selected part
- Hotkeys are used as short cuts to start, stop, pause, cancel, and zoom the video being recorded, which saves your time. You can choose to use combination of keys or simply a single key, for instance; to start a video, F9 key or a combination of Alt, Ctrl or Shift keys can be used
- You can even select what you want to record as the software gives you various options to record a video including: a rectangular area (this is adjustable), an object or a selected window, active window, a fixed area (this is also adjustable), a specific window, and full screen
- There are couple of other useful features in the software to upgrade your video settings such as: ‘Mouse Pointer’ lets you add effects to the mouse click like color, shape, and filling; ‘Sound’ lets you record sound in your video; In case you have more than one monitor to record a video then you can use ‘Multiple Monitors’; ‘Auto Text’ can add text like date, time, computer name, and username to the recorded video; similarly, Watermarks can also be added to your videos
- It gives you the benefit to enhance video quality as you can change its Codec type, Image Quality, and Frame rate (frames per second/per minute)
- For the recorded video files, the software offers many options like what to do when AVI file reaches maximum file size (create a new one or stop recording), what to do after recording is complete (play sound or show the saved file name), whether to play video in Video Editor or in the system’s default video player
- ScreenZoom is also useful as it allows you to enlarge your screen at anytime, so that you can have a closer look and add lines or notes to the screen
The only con found here is that it is not free and has a limited trial period plus its price could have been lesser.
Camtasia Studio and Soft4Boost Screen Recorder are reliable alternatives for the video recorder in question. Camtasia Studio is a well-known screen capturing and recording software that has the ability to customize your recording settings like area to be recorded, cursor effects, sound recording, and grasp an image source from the webcam. Soft4Boost Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use utility that lets you record every activity going-on on your computer within the selected area.
AutoScreenRecorder is an award winning software which is obvious from the fact that it has some great features to offer, is very easy to use, has an intuitive UI, provides a well-documented Help file and runs on low system resources. The recorded videos are of good quality, plus you have the power to customize these as well. All in all, AutoScreenRecorder is a great tool and it is highly recommended to all users.
Requirements: Vista and later
What's new in this version: The old ScreenHunter 6 has been completely remodeled with major upgrades such as combining an enhanced version of AutoScreenRecorder 3’s video recording feature for high quality recording in Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Top user review