"Internet-Accelerator + ping optimizer"
cFosSpeed is a traffic limiting package that can control what download and upload access individual applications have. This ensures that no one application will use too much of the available capacity and choke off the internet access to all other applications in the process.
Traffic shaping can help to reduce the ping with online gaming because other applications can be restricted on how much of the available bandwidth they can use.
This software is also useful for people who tether a 3G or 4G LTE cellular connection and whom wish to keep down the bandwidth usage down so they don't finish their cellular package too quickly.
The software can also create a virtual Wi-Fi network to allow other users to connect to the network through one PC. This works with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 versions.
The installation completed without any issues. A new driver is added to the system during the setup process. The user gets the choice whether to agree to submit usage statistics back to the developers or not.
There was no adware, malware, toolbars or other extras included with the setup package.
cFosSpeed requires Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP (32 bit and 64 bit).
cFosSpeed has a system tray tool which brings up a long menu with various features and options.
Further dialog windows open up depending on what option is selected and whether there are selections to be made in order to turn on the feature or if it just needs activating.
Using the menu system is not confusing at all.
- Select which wired and wireless networks to use and whether to shape the traffic once connected
- Shape the traffic in order to reduce bottlenecks caused by individuals or applications hogging all the bandwidth
- Prioritize applications that require less bandwidth but are important
- Programs split into categories like VoIP, games, media streaming, file sharing, and others
- Increase the ping on gaming when controlling bandwidth
- No longer requires individual apps to provide configuration options to set their own downstream and upstream limits
- Improve audio and video streaming and reduce buffering problems causing stop/start playback
- Create a Wi-Fi hotspot for other users to access the internet connection (Windows 7, 8 or 8.1)
- Usage graph
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager is a more advanced tool that looks at complete bandwidth usage, but it can also be used to reduce what bandwidth is available. Rules-based process per user.
cFosSpeed is a useful application to shape the traffic for individual applications to ensure that no one application hogs either the upstream or downstream internet connectivity too much.
What's new in this version: http://www.cfos.de/speed/whatsnew.txt
Top user review