"The powerful, full-featured PIM"
EssentialPIM Pro is a comprehensive and feature-rich personal manager that comprises all Outlook functions in an accessible and attractive interface. It enables users manage their personal information in a comprehensive and intuitive way. It offers an extensive number of features covering almost every aspect of your life – personal, family, business. It provides safety and security other apps could learn from. Pro version comes with a $39.95 price tag for a lifelong license and is well worth the money for those looking to manage their schedule, email and personal data in a powerful, yet simple program. Those who feel dubious can download a free trial version which has all functions of the Pro for a trial period of 30 days. There is also a free version of EssentialPIM with a limited number of functions.
Installation process is clean and simple – no bundled apps and toolbars. Users get to choose the elements of the software to be installed. Moreover, it is also quick in uninstall, so we did not experience any security issues. EssentialPIM Pro requires 32 MB RAM. There are no limitations in the free trial except for the 30 days and a non-obtrusive nag screen.
EssentialPIM Pro boasts a cozy colorful interface with self-descriptive features. It organizes its modules in a convenient tabbed mode, so users will not have any difficulties finding what they need quickly. It is not a 3D, but fonts and colors make a user feel at home with this app while the level of customization allows for reasonable tweaking of the program’s interface. Those experienced in other calendar apps will find it easy to work with this feature. The novice users will find extensive Help files with well-crafted instructions. Creating a new task with status, location, duration, start and end time priority and completion, as well as reminders is easy.
- The extensive list of features is the above all Pro of this program: schedule, to-do list, notes, e-mail client, password manager, and more.
- The function of creating new tasks is extensive with priority levels, categories with different color codes, level of completion and personal notes to accompany each task. It is possible to assign tasks to other members of your network.
- Sharing option is especially valuable for small businesses, or freelancers. The application’s database can be shared with multiple users.
- The possibility of synchronizing EssentialPIM Pro with Outlook, Google, Palm, Windows Mobile will appeal to those who are always on the go.
- The application does not consume a lot of system resources and is fast in response. It offers a wide choice of languages for its international users. Once installed, the program auto-updates itself during a year.
- During our test, we did not encounter any freeze, annoying pop-up or crash issues.
- GUI is attractive, intuitive and user-friendly making it an easy choice for users of all levels.
- Adding attachments to notes is great for project management, as well as adding a sound reminder, or launching a specific program as a reminder.
- The possibility to create a task and set it as a template, or set it to repeat at specific days, or intervals, is of great value to manage your daily routines and reminders.
- Password-protecting your personal manager is of great value, too. In addition, you can connect it to a server and manage multiple accounts – import, export, synchronize. The undo-redo functions are helpful.
- You can enable auto-save and auto backup feature and allow multiple instances of the program.
AlternativesEssentialPIM Free by the same publisher; Unicorn Daybook; MS Outlook; Evolution by GNOME; Thunderbird; SeaMonkey.
Overall, EssentialPIM Pro is a powerful personal information manager with comprehensive features. It makes it easy to control and track your meetings, contacts, tasks and e-mails in a secure, intuitive manner. There is also a portable edition, and the program synchronizes with a large number of devices and online services, such as Google, iCloud, Toodledo, CalDAV and SyncML.
Requirements: 32 MB RAM
What's new in this version: Synchronization with Office 365/Outlook.com Secure password items synchronization with Google Drive Offline mode, whereby EPIM suppresses all attempts to use Internet and works autonomously It is now possible to subscribe to iCal calendars Request read receipt for all outgoing messages
Top user review